Who doesn’t like pancakes in the morning? Especially on your day off. Well it’s Halloween this week so I present to you “Bloody Pancakes”. Ricotta pancakes with extra blueberries!
- 100 gr of flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking flour
- 2 eggs (I used one very large one)
- 250 gr of ricotta cheese
- 125 ml of semi-skimmed milk
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- baking oil
- a hand full of blueberries
- one tablespoon of white vinegar
I did could skip step 2-5 because I have a blade on my Kitchenaid mixer specially made for making mixtures fluffy & creamy. If you have a smilier one, you can skip those steps as wel. You can replace it by first mixing the liquids & then adding the dry ingredients. Mix until small bubbles start to appear on top of the mixture. The recipe is quite easy and quick. Just add a bit more milk if you don’t have ricotta. Don’t like blueberries? Well you can also add strawberries, brambles or some other fruit. Now let’s start baking pancakes.
How to make it
- Add the tablespoon of white vinegar to your glass of milk
- Mix the ricotta, milk and egg yolks into a bowl.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, vanilla, sugar and salt into the liquid mixture and gently whisk to make a smooth batter.
- Now beat the egg whites until they become foamy.
- Gently stir the foamy egg whits into the batter.
- Heat your pan with baking oil, not too much just enough to make sure the pancakes don’t stick
- Poor the batter into small filled circles into the pan.
- Add the blueberries to the pancakes in the pan.
- I always wait until the edge of the pancakes start to get bubbles (aprox 1min) before I flip them over. Then another minute on this side should be ok.
Enjoy your pancakes and let me know if you liked them!