Start your day blending
A good smoothie starts with a decent blender. Nothing is worse than a chunky smoothie, they need to be smooth and creamy.
Jelena has been testing the Kitchenaid Artisan Magnetic Blender for her cocktails, but now it’s time for a smoothie test. With its powerful 2.0 peak horsepower motor, the Magnetic Drive Blender effortlessly blends the toughest ingredients – ice, nuts, whole fruits and vegetables – into a very fine consistency.
The juice setting blends your ingredients into a creamy drink without killing the fibres. In no time – a minute or so – you will be serving a refreshing smoothie. It even blends frozen ingredients to perfection.
Why a green smoothie?
Although a green smoothie doesn’t sound as appealing as a fruity one, it does pack a lot of benefits for you when drinking it on a regular basis.
Like Popeye taught us when we were kids, spinach is great for your muscles. Its high levels in iron and zinc will help your athletic performance and fight fatigue. By adding kale you boost the green power even more. Kale is perfect to use for detox smoothies as it has cleansing properties. Besides promoting healthy lungs and cardiovascular health, it also boosts the immune system. Some even say when kale is chopped or blended it has an anti-cancer effect called sulforaphane.
This smoothie is full of vitamins, fibre and iron to give you that extra energy boost after the holidays. Helping your body detox from all those rich dishes we enjoyed at the end of the year.
How do you make it?
1. Wash and chop the kale & celery. (You can chop everything and divide the leftovers into portions to store in the freezer)
2. Add the spinach, kale & celery.
3. Pour the lemon juice into the blender.
4. Add the chopped banana & pear. If you want you can sweeten it with agave syrup.
5. Pour a cup of cold water over your ingredients and get ready to blend.
6. Turn on the Kitchenaid Magnetic Blender by turning the wheel to the juice setting. Press Start and wait until the texture is smooth and creamy.
7. A green smoothie is perfect for breakfast. To win some time in the morning prepare the portions during the weekend and place the chopped greens in the freezer. If you are really eager you can also freeze lemon juice in an ice cube tray to have portions ready. Or you can freshly squeeze the lemons in the morning. Don’t forget to add the cup of cold water.